My 2015 Quilting Goals really kept me on track. I referred to them quite a bit over the year so I think I need a new set of goals for the new year. I’m super excited about quilting this year…I already have lots of fun plans.
Here are my 2016 Quilting Goals
- Participate in a Quilting Bee. I’m very excited about this and I’ve already joined a group or two. Now to decide my colors and designs!
- Make a few traditional block quilts. I’m thinking Log Cabin, Churn Dash, Irish Chain and/or Kansas Dugout. Those are a few I’ve been wanting to make. I doubt I can make all of these but I really do want to work with some traditional blocks.
- Work on paper piecing. I learned to paper piece at the end of 2015. During 2016, I’d really like to become more precise. There is a lot of potential for some fun quilts with this added to my skill set.
- Work on curved piecing. This was one of the goals I had for 2015 that I really didn’t get to. I would love to make a Drunkard’s Path quilt or some other quilt (pillow cover, mug rug, anything) with some curved pieces. I need to do this and stop putting it off. I’ve been quilting two years now…it’s time to stop being scared of curves!
- Complete 5 unfinished projects. This was one of my goals from 2015 and I liked having it. I did finish five UFO’s from the year before. Now I’d like to do the same. It’s a reasonable number to complete but will not be so many I feel like I cannot begin any new projects.
- Make more quilts this year than I did in 2015. Once again, this is a goal I had in 2015. In 2014 I made ten quilts. I made 13 quilts in 2015. I think I can make 14 quilts in the coming year fairly easily…especially since I have a few quilt tops already complete.
- Participate in more online quilting events. Blogging, swaps, link-ups, challenges, etc. I really want to work on being part of the online quilting community in 2016.
- Create a few holiday quilts. I love the idea of holiday quilts but so far, we have none. Zero. Zilch. I think 2016 is the year to change that. I’m not promising a quilt for every holiday but I want to start making a few each year until I do have one for each holiday. I really hope to get at least a Saint Patrick’s Day Quilt (hey it could be an Irish Chain and that would help me with #2) and a Christmas quilt complete. More would be great.
- Make an I Spy Quilt. This is another of last years goals that I didn’t get to. I did begin one I Spy quilt but sadly other projects got in the way and I never finished. I really need to make at least two for some sweet little boys this year.
- Work on organizing my sewing area(s). I need to seriously sort scraps, clean out cabinets and maybe get a design wall up. One thing for sure is my quilting area(s) (yes, I have two!) are a hot mess right now and need some work. I love scrappy quilts but I need my scraps to be a bit more manageable. I’ve begun getting my yardage organized but there are still stacks of it just sitting on a desk. Honestly, I’m not looking forward to doing this part but I really do need to get it done. It’s way out of control at the moment.
And here are some pretty, wonky, scrappy blocks that I made in September. I’ve spent the last two days making a lot more of these (I’m up to 200 ) and hope this will be a quilt before too long. What are your goals for 2016?